Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Strawberries and Grapes

It’s the morning smell of strawberries and grapes
Laced in long threads that tickle my face.
I want to relive last night’s race,
So there are more than sunrays
For me to embrace.

It’s my oversized t-shirt that you chose
To complement those silky smooth legs that you love to boast
As my hands enjoy the night’s every inch
To every mid-morning kiss

It’s the competing hearts that beat from one bedside to the next
And realizing that my boss can wait instead of getting stressed.
Last night was more than one night’s passion.
It was the overwhelming feeling of a romantic connection.

It’s the rainbow after the clouds,
Flowers after it rains.
We walked the streets to this house.
You knew by my gaze
That you are more than any blouse.

It’s the wet mist that we share between us.
As we lose all fears and gain all care within us.
These nights always seem so great.

If only every dream can begin and end with strawberries and grapes.